Programmable TTL and Dual Channel Direct Digital Synthesis RF Pulse Generator
The PulseBlaster DDS™ series of Intelligent Pattern and Waveform Generation boards from SpinCore Technologies, Inc., couples SpinCore’s unique Intelligent Pattern Generation processor core, dubbed PulseBlaster™ , with dual Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) units for use in system control and pulse generation.
The PulseBlaster’s state-of-the-art timing processor core provides all the necessary timing control signals required for overall system control and pulse synchronization. The additional DDS features allow the PulseBlaster DDS-II-300-AWG to provide not only digital (TTL) but also analog output signals from two independent RF output channels, ranging in frequency from 5 kHz to 100 MHz. This allows the PulseBlaster DDS-II-300-AWG to meet high-performance and high-precision complex excitation/stimuli needs of demanding users. The PulseBlaster DDS-II-300-AWG also provides users the ability to control their systems through the generation of fully synchronized (digital and analog) excitation pulses from a small form factor USB board. The PulseBlaster DDS-II-300-AWG also contains user-programmable Arbitrary Waveform Generation (AWG) capabilities for modulating the shape of the output waveforms for both analog outputs.
- Four vectored interrupts with programmable InterruptService Routine (ISR) registers
- Interrupt enable registers to disable or enable interrupts on-the-fly
- User programmable registers to specify which “NORMAL” vs. “IMMEDIATE” interrupts
- Normal Interrupt: Waits for the current instruction to complete, then performs the ISR and returns to the start of the next instruction
- Immediate Interrupt: Stops the current instruction immediately, performs the ISR and then returns to the beginning of the next instruction
- Hardware and software interrupt triggers
- 124 bit instruction memory words
- 4K instruction memory words
- Programmable Pulse Program start address allowing the user to program the board once with multiple pulse programs, then pick the program entry point with a single write to the board
- Modifiable Pulse Programs while the core is running
- User programmable default return-to state for core flags when the core is not running, allowing for full control of flag outputs by the user when the core is STOPPED
- 1024 Frequency registers for each DDS output
- 128 Phase registers for each DDS output
- 1024 Amplitude registers for each DDS output
- All DDS registers are programmable while the PulseBlaster Core is running
Complex, high-speed, multi-channel pulse, pattern, and word generation. Customers’ applications have included
- Complete high IF digital excitation system for high field NMR/MRI (just add mixers!).
- Complete bench test equipment for solid-state NMR probes (just add mixer and power amplifier!) - eliminates the need for wasting the precious magnet time.
- Build a multi-qubit NMR quantum computing device at a fraction of the cost of other solutions.
- Use it for all-digital CRAMPS, SFAM, and other "exotic" solid-state NMR experiments.
- Build a lock system.
- Build a demostration NMR system with/for your students
- Use it for Senior-Project and Masters' classes.
- Use with your microcoil probe.
- Build and control your own equipment for "hyphenated" experiments, LC-NMR, etc.
- For more ideas, please visit our Applications
The PulseBlasterDDS-II-300-AWG is currently not available for online purchase. Available firmware options for PulseBlasterDDS-II-300-AWG:
|Firmware ||Phase registers |
|Frequency registers |
|Amplitude registers |
|TTL output signals |
| 8 || 16 || 4 ||12 |
| 1024 |
| 1024 |
To inquire about the availability and pricing of our PulseBlaster-DDS line of products, please use our Contact
Free Software Support
- Available to supplement the SpinAPI Package:
- Example programs (executables and C source files)
- The SpinAPI package and other resources available for download on the Software Downloads page.
- Interfaces and examples - LabView
- Modulation Techniques example
- Standard warranty - two years
- Longer warranty periods available
- Money-back guarantee – 30 days.